Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 1,701 to 1,779 of 1779

Thread: 2016 US Election Thread: Trump vs Clinton

Roids
    Donald Trump already said he wouldn't go after Hilary Clinton.

Roids
    So what you're saying is that Clinton didn't beat Clinton. Obama did. Ever think maybe that the majority of Americans just don't like his policies? Or the continuation of them with Hilary? It wasn't crazy Russians, Coney, Wikikeaks, sexism, racism, the boogeyman or any other excuse. Nobody likes those policies anymore. Nobody likes her. Trump isn't the answer for the West. But he's a damn sight better than anything the progressives can come up with.

Say whatever you want. I'm done with this thread.

Roids
    It wasn't one thing that made Trump POTUS and Clinton not. Disregarding her lack of a brand or message is as dumb as disregarding Comey or sexism.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by the enemy View Post
    But he's a damn sight better than anything the progressives can come up with.
    *cough*bullshit*cough*

bye, Felicia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    lol @ lock and his ridiculous private betting

Roids
    Yeah, but people who voted for Trump are too stupid to understand that. Bill Clinton ran on, "it's the economy, stupid."
    -Inventor of the penis enlargement pill

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Lem View Post
    I loved him on comedy central and I feel like he is a shadow of his former self. john baptiste should also never ever be spoken to, dude is dull. i fucking hate trump and like stephen but i defintely can't be bothered to watch his show anymore. his summaries of r/politics for the common yokel isn't necessary for me and he doesn't seem funny/clever anymore. Probably lost writers and some of the flexibility he had on CC is my guess.

“You see a no-talent guy like Colbert. There’s nothing funny about what he says.” --donald j trump

Roids
    So what you're saying is that Clinton didn't beat Clinton. Obama did. Ever think maybe that the majority of Americans just don't like his policies? Or the continuation of them with Hilary? It wasn't crazy Russians, Coney, Wikikeaks, sexism, racism, the boogeyman or any other excuse. Nobody likes those policies anymore. Nobody likes her. Trump isn't the answer for the West. But he's a damn sight better than anything the progressives can come up with.

Your first sentence... How in the fuck do you draw these conclusions?!

Roids
    Ever think maybe that the majority of Americans just don't like his policies?
    He left office with Reagan-level approval numbers and would have blown out Trump head to head. It really depends if you want to talk facts or just say whatever comes to your mind. Cognitive dissonance, which you suffer, is a very difficult condition but it is worth trying to fight. In the end, in spite of our ingrained biases or tribal allegiances, there are better or worse alternatives, and better or worse conduct. It is not difficult to see where on the spectrum Trump falls for most people in the world.

What I think will happen is that Trump's floor will crumble in short time. What I mean by this is that his approval numbers are in the range of 38-44 percent. So far nothing he's done has dropped him below 38%, in part because of belief systems like yours. The video I posted shows something is up, a feeling that is starting to come to the surface and barely finding expression, but which will soon become a fully fledged idea. Trump is a criminal and a fraud. It will overwhelm partisanship. Once that floor breaks I'm not sure how far the floor will drop, to be honest, but enough to scare the decision-makers. If it drops to 25-30 levels, like GW Bush, his current approach will be unsustainable. The only reason he remains in power at the moment is because of calculated risk. The House and Senate believe they can pass legislation consequent with party platform and also improve their overall position in future elections (by disenfranchising voters, for example). But once we start closing in on September, and only a calendar year separates the interim elections, you will not believe how quickly the Senate and House will break ranks. There is nothing quite like the fight for political survival.

Whether or not the Russian probe actually leads to indictments wont have any bearing on this. Trump has already taken so many conflict of interest decisions while in office, as well as illegal actions, the Senate can, and will, hang him with more than enough evidence to spare. Keep your eye on that bottom line approval number. Once it drops below 38, watch what happens.
    The thousand injuries of the Kenyan I had borne as best I could, but when he ventured upon insult I vowed revenge.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    "My own .50 cal cawk." -Constantine bragging about his half inch dick.

"I was at my peak and had at least 60lbs on her. i started it not wanting to bash her; she tore into me like she wanted me dead. didn't dismantle me entirely, but out-punched me, out-boxed me, surprised me and embarrassed me." -Jimmy β

Roids
    fucking amazing

Roids
    I randomly looked up my friends frat brother, turns out he interviewed roger stone on his piece of shit 10 listener libertarian circlejerk podcast. that guy must be willing to do anything, or at least was in the past.
    Just watched 'Get Me Roger Stone' which premiered today on Netflix. It's great.

"I was at my peak and had at least 60lbs on her. i started it not wanting to bash her; she tore into me like she wanted me dead. didn't dismantle me entirely, but out-punched me, out-boxed me, surprised me and embarrassed me." -Jimmy β

Roids
    This is the out many posters here have been waiting for.

According to Stone, legendary McCarthy lawyer Roy Cohn “was not gay”: “He was a man who liked having sex with men.”
    Fresh as lettuce and Bangin' dem ho's.

Roids

Not sure you want to go with "the majority of Americans" argument.

Roids
    I know we can say this nearly every morning, but holy shit Trumps tweets this morning.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    I know we can say this nearly every morning, but holy shit Trumps tweets this morning.
    I liked this one...

Roids
    This piece probably reflects the views of several of our friends... which is why it is important not to overreact to trolling. A new disposition for our age.

If Liberals Hate Him, Then Trump Must Be Doing Something Right
    By CHARLES J. SYKES MAY 12, 2017

If there was one principle that used to unite conservatives, it was respect for the rule of law. Not long ago, conservatives would have been horrified at wholesale violations of the norms and traditions of our political system, and would have been appalled by a president who showed overt contempt for the separation of powers.

But this week, as if on cue, most of the conservative media fell into line, celebrating President Trump’s abrupt dismissal of the F.B.I. director, James Comey, and dismissing the fact that Mr. Comey was leading an investigation into the Trump campaign and its ties to Russia. “Dems in Meltdown Over Comey Firing,” declared a headline on Fox News, as Tucker Carlson gleefully replayed clips of Democrats denouncing the move. “It’s just insane actually,” he said, referring to their reactions. On Fox and talk radio, the message was the same, with only a few conservatives willing to sound a discordant or even cautious note.

The talk-show host Rush Limbaugh was positively giddy, opening his monologue on Wednesday by praising Mr. Trump for what he called his “epic trolling” of liberals. “This is great,” Mr. Limbaugh declared. “Can we agree that Donald Trump is probably enjoying this more than anybody wants to admit or that anybody knows? So he fires Comey yesterday. Who’s he meet with today? He’s meeting with the Soviet, the Russian foreign minister, Sergey Lavrov! I mean, what an epic troll this is.”

Given the enthusiasm of the president’s apologists, it is likely that much of Mr. Trump’s base will similarly rally to him as it has in the past.

But perhaps most important, we saw once again how conservatism, with its belief in ordered liberty, is being eclipsed by something different: Loathing those who loathe the president. Rabid anti-anti-Trumpism.

In a lamentably overlooked monologue this month, Mr. Limbaugh embraced the new reality in which conservative ideas and principles had been displaced by anti-liberalism. For years, Mr. Limbaugh ran what he called the “Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies.” But in the Trump era, he told his audience, he has changed that to the “Institute for Advanced Anti-Leftist Studies.”

With Mr. Trump in the White House, conservative principles were no longer the point. “How many times during the campaign did I warn everybody Trump is not a conservative? Multiple times a day,” Mr. Limbaugh said. “How many times have I told you: ‘Do not expect Trump to be a conservative? He isn’t one.’ ”

He went on to emphasize that the campaign was not about conservatism, because that’s not what Mr. Trump is about.

That was a remarkable admission, but it is also a key to understanding what is happening on the right. While there are those like Sean Hannity who are reliable cheerleaders for all things President Trump, much of the conservative news media is now less pro-Trump than it is anti-anti-Trump. The distinction is important, because anti-anti-Trumpism has become the new safe space for the right.

Here is how it works: Rather than defend President Trump’s specific actions, his conservative champions change the subject to (1) the biased “fake news” media, (2) over-the-top liberals, (3) hypocrites on the left, (4) anyone else victimizing Mr. Trump or his supporters and (5) whataboutism, as in “What about Obama?” “What about Clinton?”

For the anti-anti-Trump pundit, whatever the allegation against Mr. Trump, whatever his blunders or foibles, the other side is always worse.

But the real heart of anti-anti-Trumpism is the delight in the frustration and anger of his opponents. Mr. Trump’s base is unlikely to hold him either to promises or tangible achievements, because conservative politics is now less about ideas or accomplishments than it is about making the right enemies cry out in anguish.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/o...ing-right.html
    The thousand injuries of the Kenyan I had borne as best I could, but when he ventured upon insult I vowed revenge.

Roids
    Just watched 'Get Me Roger Stone' which premiered today on Netflix. It's great.

I've crossed paths with this tool several times in ft. Lauderdale....he has a plastic face.

Roids
    Apparently, trump taped his convos with Comey....he's toast.

Roids

Roids
    It would be hard to distill everything, he makes a lot of good points. The most broad point is that we should not be making sweeping regulations (i.e. policing the internet) to deal with "problems" that are literally imaginary, like ISPs selling your browser history. Another takeaway I got was simply the fact that this guy was completely demonized from everything I read as a complete psychopath, and he's incredibly reasonable and knows exactly what he's talking about. If nothing else that showed me that everything I've read by unhinged net-neutrality advocates at best should be taken with a grain of salt, and at worst is complete bullshit. You should listen to it, it's only 30 min.

http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/15...dio_265583.mp3
    I still have yet to listen...

https://consumerist.com/2017/05/09/f...net-neutrality

Roids
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/15/politi...inkId=37610769

Carter Page cites Maroon 5 in letter to Justice Department

In a 10-page letter dated Sunday, Page tried to use the firing of FBI Director James Comey last week as further encouragement for deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to restore the DOJ's credibility.
    "The documents that the US Department of Justice must now provide are crucial to repairing the integrity of your organization following last year's events," Page wrote in a letter obtained by CNN. "Your unbiased leadership in authorizing the release of this information can manifestly help prove how completely unjustified this entire witch hunt organized by the Clinton campaign and the Obama Administration has been all along."
    Page at one point even cited, with a footnote to a YouTube video, the popular Maroon 5 song "Harder to Breathe."
    "A song from popular culture accurately describes many of the matters usurping a vast proportion of your time and America's attention given the primary focus of the mainstream media today," Page wrote, before turning to the lyric: "Like a little girl who cries in the face of a monster that lives in her dreams"

Page included a footnote in his letter with the URL to the music video for the song.

Roids
    Shit, I should have put down money that Trump would be impeached. he is fucked.

Roids
    It's gonna take a lot more than that to get the likes of Ranger, Harry, Counterculturr and the enemy to give up on Trump. They've invested too much capital to give up now. The line will hold till they are personally affected. I mean they already are, but has to get bad enough that pride won't matter.

Roids
    Trump won't be impeached before 2019.

Roids
    Shit, I should have put down money that Trump would be impeached. he is fucked.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Fists of Palm View Post
    Trump won't be impeached before 2019.
    5Dimes:

Donald Trump IS President on 1/1/18 (-400) vs. Donald Trump IS NOT President on 1/1/18 (+280)
    Donald Trump IS President on 1/1/19 (-210) vs. Donald Trump IS NOT President on 1/1/19 (+160)
    Donald Trump IS President on 1/1/20 (-110) vs. Donald Trump IS NOT President on 1/1/20 (-130)

Roids
    5Dimes:

Donald Trump IS President on 1/1/18 (-400) vs. Donald Trump IS NOT President on 1/1/18 (+280)
    Donald Trump IS President on 1/1/19 (-210) vs. Donald Trump IS NOT President on 1/1/19 (+160)
    Donald Trump IS President on 1/1/20 (-110) vs. Donald Trump IS NOT President on 1/1/20 (-130)
    Yes, let me put my money on ice for 3 years for a 50/50 line. I'd rather bet on the Warriors.

My bet is that Trump won't be president in any meaningful sense by the end of June. The latest stuff is overwhelming and cannot be buried or ignored. He's toast.

Roids
    Yes, let me put my money on ice for 3 years for a 50/50 line. I'd rather bet on the Warriors.

My bet is that Trump won't be president in any meaningful sense by the end of June. The latest stuff is overwhelming and cannot be buried or ignored. He's toast.
    Are you ready?

Roids
    Can't comprehend those betting odds. No way Trump makes it near election 2018. Very good odds Pence, Ryan and Mcconnell get swept away in invesigation.

2 years of President Hatch until 2020 election.

Roids
    Are you ready?

Flynn investigation alone gets him running for cover. He is dirty. Don't plant your flag there.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by beatfarmer View Post
    Can't comprehend those betting odds. No way Trump makes it near election 2018. Very good odds Pence, Ryan and Mcconnell get swept away in invesigation.

2 years of President Hatch until 2020 election.
    You don't need McConnell, Hatch comes after Ryan.

Roids
    I would support impeachment if the republicans made a grand bargain with the democrats to pass massive legislation to limit executive powers.

Mind you, this is assuming the fake news media reports are true about Trump trying to kill the Flynn investigation. I have no problem with Trump running the U.S. like a mafia don. But if he got caught doing so, I don't like it. I like people who don't get caught.

Roids
    You don't need McConnell, Hatch comes after Ryan.
    I know, but he is going to be swept into investigation. Majority leader isn't in the line of succession at all.

Roids
    I would support impeachment if the republicans made a grand bargain with the democrats to pass massive legislation to limit executive powers.

Mind you, this is assuming the fake news media reports are true about Trump trying to kill the Flynn investigation. I have no problem with Trump running the U.S. like a mafia don. But if he got caught doing so, I don't like it. I like people who don't get caught.
    +1, I think limiting executive powers is a good idea.

In other words...if he was a more skillful charlatan you would like him more and you don't despise his actions just his ineptitude.

Roids
    When the levee breaks...

Roids
    When the levee breaks...

Sad day for the enema. His boy is whining to coast guard cadets...gets hit in the gut by the appointment of a special council. Lol...Robert fuckin' Mueller of all ppl...the longest serving FBI director with the exception of J Edgar. I think imma stay up to witness the 4am tweet storm coming.

Roids
    Meanwhile on the loony left:

Roids
    She's an English tory.

Roids
    wikipedia.com/political_sarcasm

Roids
    Donald Trump is President on 1/1/18 -400
    Donald Trump not President on 1/1/18 +280
    Donald Trump is President on 1/1/19 -155
    Donald Trump not President on 1/1/19 +115
    Donald Trump is President on 1/1/20 +110
    Donald Trump not President on 1/1/20 -150
    Donald Trump is President on 1/20/21 +115
    Donald Trump not President on 1/20/21 -155

Roids
    Meanwhile on the loony left:

she is crazy, and this is obvious given the INSANE number of tweets she has at all hours.

Roids
    she is crazy, and this is obvious given the INSANE number of tweets she has at all hours.
    What are you talking about? The NYTimes recently published an OpEd by her. So she's obviously legit.

Roids
    You kooks have got to be overjoyed this trump shit is taking attention away from the cops killing unarmed browns.

Roids
    Mensch is definitely an odd case. She seems to have some sources, and some of her reporting and analysis is of issues nobody else really touches (like digital trails). She's been on top of the Russian angle from the beginning and has been supremely confident that at some point Comey would figure largely. At the same time she tweets too much, promotes herself all the time, and says the odd statement that is suggestive of manic behaviour. I'm not sure what to make of her, but would not take Greenwald seriously. He's been downplaying Russian influence since the beginning and hasn't really acknowledged that many were right to be concerned. So he's not the pure journalist he presents himself as.

Roids
    Oh man, the news over the last 24 hrs......

I smell treason charges

Roids
    Mensch is definitely an odd case. She seems to have some sources, and some of her reporting and analysis is of issues nobody else really touches (like digital trails). She's been on top of the Russian angle from the beginning and has been supremely confident that at some point Comey would figure largely. At the same time she tweets too much, promotes herself all the time, and says the odd statement that is suggestive of manic behaviour. I'm not sure what to make of her, but would not take Greenwald seriously. He's been downplaying Russian influence since the beginning and hasn't really acknowledged that many were right to be concerned. So he's not the pure journalist he presents himself as.
    What do you mean? Greenwald is one of the best Russian journalists.

Roids
    Muslims are giving Trump medals..

What a boss.

Roids

What a boss.
    by boss I think you meant....what a pathetic embarrassment. stroke his ego and he will do anything because he's a desperate charlatan who craves attention and praise. fuck him and his stupid supporters.

Roids
    He got a medal, most likely, for arming the Saudis.

Roids
    Nice curtsy. Even Abdul is laughing.

Roids

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by beatfarmer View Post
    Nice curtsy. Even Abdul is laughing.

Perfect for a GIF.

One good thing about Trump is that he's very predicable. Lavish him with attention, glitter and gold and get whatever you want in return. He's the perfect negotiating partner. Given he's inherited his wealth, he probably doesn't care if he comes out an actual winner or loser either. For him, it's more about the way it looks.

If the Russian probe doesn't yield anything, Dems should then lavish him with praise (amazing electoral college landslide sir!) and start manipulating him in favour of their policies.

Roids
    bannon's worst nightmare realized:
    https://i.imgur.com/9zUV3GX.mp4

(he's not actually afraid i assume, he has quite the history with the family of saud: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.333e3d6d9d3e)

Roids
    2 scoops! 2 scoops! 2 scoops!

Roids
    What's next, are you going to bring up pizzagate again

Roids

What a boss.
    what do you expect? Muhammad was a pedo....Trump is a pedo.

Roids
    Trump 2020

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    Trump 2020
    yes great idea! let's also get a sean hannity tattoo while we're at it and crack some jokes about hilldog and barack HUSSEIN obama. seth rich!!! pizzagate!!!!

Roids
    watching these liberals become unhinged is marvelous. this talk of impeachment went nowhere hahaha you have got nothing

Roids
    I've already said that impeachment is a no-go before 2019, and that's assuming a fractured Democratic Party takes control of the House of Representatives. I also think that Trump would be an easier adversary in 2020 than Pence, should he take over after impeachment.

Roids
    watching these liberals become unhinged is marvelous. this talk of impeachment went nowhere hahaha you have got nothing
    talk of impeachment went nowhere....meanwhile mueller was just appointed to special council and brennan said today he passed intel along to the fbi about contacts between russians and the trump campaign. you would know this but you aren't being honest in anything you post on here anyway.

Roids
    Dude isn't even through his first six months. Pretty much burned up any honeymoon period or goodwill. Now, he's probably not getting pussy for the first time in his life....I give him until September before he fucks around or rapes somebody.

Roids
    Yeah, I saw that bit about him trying to hold Melina's hand. only for her to pick that exact moment to wipe hair out of her face. He's bitchmade.

Roids
    That's actually the second time Melania has pulled her hand away this trip. If Trump can't keep his woman under control, how is he going to defeat ISIS?

Roids
    \\

America first.

Roids
    just saw that on telly. astonishing. who was the mug that he pwned?
    'Hey you fucking moron. You fucking comment on all my shit.'

Roids
    The Montenegrin Prime Minister.

Roids
    One of the Yugoslav states.

Roids
    fair enough i suppose

Roids
    From his shit nato speech "And I never asked once what the new NATO Headquarters cost. I refuse to do that. But it is beautiful."

How embarrassing.

Roids
    Dress for the job you want. #widow

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy [/b] View Post
    just saw that on telly. astonishing. who was the mug that he pwned?
    Prime minister of Montenegro.

Here is the President of Croatia getting a whiff of Trump pheromones.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Fists of Palm View Post
    Dress for the job you want. #widow

Roids
    \\

America first.
    the pope pwned his ass, tho.

Roids
    Pretty much all all women have to wear black for the pope except a hand full of queens from catholic monarchies.

Roids
    So, is he like some goth?

Roids

Roids
    He learned his moves from Boris Zhukov and Nikolai Volkoff.

Roids
    ^nice