Thread: Mayweather vs. McGregor boxing line.

Roids

Mayweather vs. McGregor boxing line.

From 5dimes:

Conor McGregor (+600) vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr (-900)
    "My own .50 cal cawk." -Constantine bragging about his half inch dick.

"I was at my peak and had at least 60lbs on her. i started it not wanting to bash her; she tore into me like she wanted me dead. didn't dismantle me entirely, but out-punched me, out-boxed me, surprised me and embarrassed me." -Jimmy β

Roids
    Jumping the gun to make up for all the vbet lines you missed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    lol @ lock and his ridiculous private betting

Roids
    You guys think it'll happen?
    -A Message From The Clergy

Roids
    It'll never happen. In fact, I'll put all of my roids up right now saying it will never evah happen.

Roids
    Easy win for Mayweather. Easy payday for McGregor, compared with what he goes through to train for a UFC fight. I wouldn't be surprised if the fight happens four or five years from now.
    -Inventor of the penis enlargement pill

Roids
    Never

Roids
    Or that. Some fights just don't happen, like Larry Holmes vs. George Foreman. It could've happened in the 1970s, the 1980s, the 1990s, and perhaps even the early 2000s, but it just never did.

Roids
    that's because Foreman would've ruined his shit

Roids
    In the 1990s perhaps, but not the 1970s and 1980s. Larry Holmes was by far the superior and more complete fighter.

Roids
    So this happened a couple of years ago. Skip to 6:49.

Roids

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Fists of Palm View Post
    Larry Holmes was by far the superior and more complete fighter.
    that doesn't really mean shit in fighting though. did you not see the Black Beast just KO the "far superior and more complete fighter" yesterday?

Roids
    Travis Browne isn't Larry Holmes. Holmes had two fights with Shavers, who hit every bit as hard as Foreman. His only stoppage loss despite fighting until age 50 was to a prime Mike Tyson when he got his glove caught in the ropes.

Roids
    Travis Browne isn't Larry Holmes, but Earnie Shavers sure as hell isn't George Foreman.

the fact still remains, just because you're a technically better fighter doesn't mean you're going to win.

Roids
    i just googled those 2 Japanese chicks. so why has nobody found an explanation as to why fatty beat the fuckin breaks off the mentally ill chick?

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by T IV View Post
    that doesn't really mean shit in fighting though. did you not see the Black Beast just KO the "far superior and more complete fighter" yesterday?
    Yeah but the black beast said it was because he was about to release the brown beast.

Apples and oranges there homie.

Roids
    Earnie Shavers when he was on was just as good as Foreman, minus the chin. When he fought Holmes the first time, he was coming off a 15-round "loss" to Muhammad Ali which would have earned him the WBC/WBA title, had competent referees been in place (the situation is complicated because of open scoring, etc...).

The Yoshiko incident is a strange one, and no one really knows why she shot on Act Yasukawa. Yoshiko was only 21 when the incident occured; she's 23 now. She probably hasn't made a public statement to avoid charges of assault. According to Dave Metzger, she was fired. Yasukawa tried to make a comeback, but she never recovered enough from her injuries to wrestle full time. Yoshiko did eventually return from retirement before embarking on an MMA career, where she had one fight at 172. She won by knockout over a nobody.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by the enemy View Post
    Yeah but the black beast said it was because he was about to release the brown beast.

Apples and oranges there homie.
    Lol.

Roids
    Earnie Shavers when he was on was just as good as Foreman, minus the chin.
    we're going to have to agree to disagree because Foreman is a motherfuckin beast in my opinion. yeah Shavers knocked guys out but he didn't have the combination punching, aggression, or defense Foreman had. being a HW having a chin counts for a lot.

The Yoshiko incident is a strange one, and no one really knows why she shot on Act Yasukawa. Yoshiko was only 21 when the incident occured; she's 23 now. She probably hasn't made a public statement to avoid charges of assault. According to Dave Metzger, she was fired. Yasukawa tried to make a comeback, but she never recovered enough from her injuries to wrestle full time. Yoshiko did eventually return from retirement before embarking on an MMA career, where she had one fight at 172. She won by knockout over a nobody.
    how can she avoid assault charges when it's on video of her basically ragdolling and beating the fuck out of Yasukawa? also, according to her wiki Yasukawa is mentally ill and if i was Yoshiko i'd watch out because she sounds like the kind of bitch who you'd come home to your Tokyo apartment and find her eating a pile of her own shit in your living room before she shoots you in the face with a nail gun.

Roids
    Foreman didn't have much in the way of combination punching and defense in the 1970s, where we're making the comparison. In the 1980s and 1990s, he started using the cross-arm defense, and it worked fairly well. I think the main difference between the two boxing-wise is Foreman's jab, which was devastating when he used it.

Roids
    DAYUM! ax got fuuuuuck up!

Roids
    Foreman didn't have much in the way of combination punching and defense in the 1970s, where we're making the comparison. In the 1980s and 1990s, he started using the cross-arm defense, and it worked fairly well. I think the main difference between the two boxing-wise is Foreman's jab, which was devastating when he used it.
    i won't lie. when you first talked about Holmes vs Foreman i immediately thought the 70's Holmes could beat Foreman. even in the 80's it's a good fight, but 90's onwards and Foreman in my opinion would've folded Holmes in half.

Roids
    I really believe that Foreman was overrated, as are a lot of boxers who have "two careers." Ali before the exile didn't have the toughness he did after; he wanted to quit against Liston, but Angelo Dundee talked him out of it. Foreman's the classic example of this. People put all the aspects of his second career together with the power of his first career and make a great fighter. One of the only guys who was ever the complete fighter was Duran in DeJesus III. He was still as rough-and-tumble as in his early career, but he could box as well as he would against Ray Leonard.

Roids
    Big George Foreman being called overrated by the guy who can't even throw a punch....
    Last edited by SPQR; 02-21-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Roids
    i don't know what you're talking about Foreman being overrated and people combining his power when he was young to his defense and technique when he was old. when he was old he still had the same power.

Roids
    i don't know what you're talking about Foreman being overrated and people combining his power when he was young to his defense and technique when he was old. when he was old he still had the same power.
    His kayo-to-win percentage before his first retirement was 90%. When he was over 40, it was about 50%. He knocked out Michael Moorer, who was pretty chinny and a few subpar heavyweights like Smokin' Bert Cooper and an aged Gerry Cooney, but aside from Moorer, no one, really. We can't really gauge what his power was, but he lacked the ability to put away top fighters, which is one of the definitions of power in the boxing realm.

Roids
    he didn't even knock out or even knock down Bert Cooper. Cooper simply quit because Foreman sent him skipping across the ring with a sweeping right hook to the body and began to beat the fuck out of him.

he wasn't hitting with the same ferocity as he did when he was younger because he was smarter and learned to conserve his energy. he was still knocking dudes stiff with punches that were basically love taps.

he was a different fighter when he was older, he also didn't swarm or attack so aggressively which is why his KO ratio went down. plus he was a lot slower, but make no mistake his punches were still brutal as fuck. KO ratio is not a good gauge of power, it's more of a conglomeration of accuracy and setup. i don't know how you can say "an aged Gerry Cooney" when Foreman is older than him.

Roids
    Some people age more than others. A prime Cooney doesn't get knocked out by Michael Spinks, especially so easily.

Roids
    Dat Nguyen (+2000) just knocked out Miguel Flores (-5000) on FS1.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng Shui View Post
    DAYUM! ax got fuuuuuck up!
    shaddap
    tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar
    White college kids burning down a town after a sporting event? That's not a riot. That's a "brodeo."
    id give in, if it could at least be ours alone...

Roids
    'I am boxing'

'I am going to shock the world, trust me on that!!!'

http://www.mmaweekly.com/conor-mcgre...oyd-mayweather
    'Hey you fucking moron. You fucking comment on all my shit.'

Roids
    This fight will never happen.

Roids
    QFT, faggot.

Roids
    Floyd by RNC in the 3rd

Roids
    you assholes wanna know the word on the street?

word on the street is: Floyd's even dumber than silverwolf and he got SCAMMED out of a LOAD of money. he's not hurting (yet) but he is hungry for the easiest/biggest paying fight. Conor is a godsend to him. the other day dana fucking white was saying there's a good chance this goes ahead

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by unsolicited fitness coach View Post
    on the street is: Floyd's even dumber than silverwolf and he got SCAMMED out of a LOAD of money.
    I don't know why this is being reported as new, it's an old story. IIRC, Floyd's old assistant wrote a book years ago and said he got scammed by some dude who said he'd turn like $12 million into $1 billion, then he disappeared. Maybe he's been scammed again since then.

"I was at my peak and had at least 60lbs on her. i started it not wanting to bash her; she tore into me like she wanted me dead. didn't dismantle me entirely, but out-punched me, out-boxed me, surprised me and embarrassed me." -Jimmy β

Roids
    That, and he was robbed of millions of dollars worth of jewelry a bunch of years ago, probably an inside job.

Roids
    I understand Conner McGregor wanting this fight real bad because it's the biggest payday he'll ever get and for Floyd this is the only big money fight for him in boxing. The part I find funny is that Dana is willing to sacrifice Conner for the payday. This fight isn't competitive in the least. PBF stops a gass out McGregor late in the fight. Probably not a 10 count ko, but more likely PBF just teeing off on him when McGregor is on the ropes or trapped in a corner. After that McGregor won't be fetching the paydays he was getting before and he won't be making the UFC 1mm buys ever PPV.

Roids
    I think buys will go up briefly after the Mayweather fight but then drop down. I don't think the problem is him losing to Mayweather. The problem is him losing to Khabib Nurmagomedov or Tony Ferguson.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterCulture View Post
    I understand Conner McGregor wanting this fight real bad because it's the biggest payday he'll ever get and for Floyd this is the only big money fight for him in boxing. The part I find funny is that Dana is willing to sacrifice Conner for the payday. This fight isn't competitive in the least. PBF stops a gass out McGregor late in the fight. Probably not a 10 count ko, but more likely PBF just teeing off on him when McGregor is on the ropes or trapped in a corner. After that McGregor won't be fetching the paydays he was getting before and he won't be making the UFC 1mm buys ever PPV.

Exactly why it'll never happen

Roids
    I think McGregor blasts Khabib's consciousness from his brain. He gets tagged on his feet before going all out for a takedown. Ferguson will give him real problems. Even if McGregor gets the better of the striking Tony can take him down and work him on the ground. Ferguson also murders Khabib

Roids
    Khabib destroys Ferguson, but there's a good chance he loses to Conor. Ferguson loses to Khabib but beats Conor.

Roids
    crazy pro Conor video, 'breaking it all down'

Roids
    dana says he feels obliged to make the fight, pretty much means it's on.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/conor-m...-almost-forced

Roids
    Well that's exactly the play I'd make if I were Dana. I'd go with it all the way up to a point where he makes some kind of ridiculous demand and then say that Floyd fucked the deal up.

Roids
    They're just using Mayweather's name to keep McGregor relevant during his time off from not defending his belts

Roids
    That's actually not really a bad theory.

Roids
    Or maybe Mayweather's using McGregor's name to keep himself relevant while he figures out who he's going to have his 50th fight against.

Roids
    You saying the the only way the black guy can make it is by relying on the white man?

Don't be racist.

Roids
    lol

Roids
    Don't call Conor white.

Roids
    Of course the Irish are white. That's the only good thing they have going for them.

Roids
    Conor McGregor: I have signed deal, now up to Floyd Mayweather

His confirmation of the signing came just after UFC president Dana White told TNT that McGregor had agreed to the bout.

"The McGregor side is done," White said while appearing as a guest on the network's postgame wrap-up of UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor said he has signed a "record breaking deal" to fight Floyd Mayweather.

Now, he says, it's up to Mayweather to do the same in order to make the megafight happen.

"The first, and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on," McGregor said in a statement to Themaclife.com. "Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await [Mayweather's adviser] Al Haymon and his boxer's signature in the coming days."

McGregor did not specify the terms of the deal he signed.

"I'm starting to work on the Mayweather side now.

"I'm not saying the fight will happen, but I've got one side done, now it's time to work on the other. If we can come to a deal with Haymon and Mayweather, the fight's gonna happen."

White added the much-anticipated bout would be "straight-up boxing."

Earlier Wednesday, Mayweather said that he was awaiting information from White and McGregor.

"I'm not here to throw anybody under the bus, [and] I can't sit here and say that they are waiting on us," Mayweather said in London. "I'm not saying that. And we're not waiting on them.

"I have a team for [negotiating], but as soon as their side [the UFC] communicates with our side, then the fight will happen."

Over the weekend, White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that his plan was to lock in McGregor by this past Sunday and then move to firm up Mayweather.

"We're right there to get this deal done, we've just got to get the deal done," White told ESPN on Saturday. "I would like to get it done this Sunday and start negotiating with Team Mayweather, and if that deal can get done then we'll get it done, and if it can't, I need to move on."

While there have been no firm deadlines established for the fight to come together, White said McGregor wants to fight twice this year.

"He wants to fight twice this year and one of those fights to be Floyd, if possible," White previously told ESPN.

Mayweather on Wednesday said he only has designs on McGregor.

"There's only one fight that makes business sense," Mayweather said. "I came out of retirement because I'm a businessman and I want to give the world what they want to see.

"McGregor's a fighter. I'm a fighter. This is what the fight fans and MMA fans want to see."
    http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/1...oyd-mayweather

Roids
    Never gonna happen

Roids
    Of course the Irish are white. That's the only good thing they have going for them.
    Funny how Irish are one of the most open people on earth until they immigrate here, became Americanized and more racists that the klan.

Roids
    Fight's not gonna happen. Of course Mcgegor's side came to terms first. He wants a stupid amount of money on top of a ton of other shit he doesn't deserve and isn't going to get. In the following days expect the Mayweather camp to come out and make fun of the Mcgregor clan. They're out of their depth here.

Roids
    And lol at Dana White for thinking he's gonna be the key to making this happen. Dana was a boxing promoter but he didn't manage the likes of fucking Floyd Mayweather. He managed bums and Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell

Roids
    the negotiations are a work to hype up the fight. Floyd is getting paid to squash some fool. Damn right he'll do it. He just need ppl to think he's scared to raise the buyrate.

Roids
    haha this is so on. Mayweather turning down all that money to fight an mma guy? lmao, you must be kidding

Roids
    It'll never happen. In fact, I'll put all of my roids up right now saying it will never evah happen.
    Never
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng Shui View Post
    QFT, faggot.
    heh...faggot.

Exactly why it'll never happen
    They're just using Mayweather's name to keep McGregor relevant during his time off from not defending his belts
    Never gonna happen

Roids
    So, when is the fight then? Until they're both in the ring getting instructions from the ref, it's not happening. Which it won't anyway.

By the way your obsession is flattering but it's starting to get creepy now. About as creepy as putting a dent in an unborn baby's head.

Roids
    Man what a weird position all of this puts LW in. So the champion isn't even interested in competing in the sport, the top contender just missed weight and then took a bullshit sabbatical, and the next guy in line is so hard up for a fight he's begging Nate Diaz to get in there with him and can't even get that.

Roids
    i feel sorry for boxing. fighting an MMA fighter to break a well known boxing record is kind of like a slap in the face to boxing.

and even worse if Conor ends up beating him some how.

Roids
    Julio Cesar Chavez had 87 consecutive wins at the beginning of his career; 49 is only a record for the heavyweight division, and even it had been tied by Brian Nielsen, who got knocked out in his 50th pro fight by a bum.

Roids
    i thought it was more specific than that.

i thought it was the only HW champion to retire undefeated?

and Floyd was trying to replicate that.

Roids
    If this fight happens, it's still not breaking May/Pac's ppv record. It did like 4.8 while the biggest UFC PPV ever didn't even touch half of that. Most boxing fans (as well as MMA fans) are groaning about this. It'll be Conor fanboys and some casuals that pay 89 bucks for this side show. The rest of the world can already see the outcome

Roids
    i thought it was more specific than that.

i thought it was the only HW champion to retire undefeated?

and Floyd was trying to replicate that.
    Marciano was the only heavyweight champion to retire undefeated/no draws and stay retired. Jim Barry was the World Bantamweight Champion at 59-0-9-2.

Roids
    So, when is the fight then? Until they're both in the ring getting instructions from the ref, it's not happening. Which it won't anyway.

By the way your obsession is flattering but it's starting to get creepy now. About as creepy as putting a dent in an unborn baby's head.
    You underestimate the power and pull of the mighty dollar. Connor is seemingly beholden only to himself but mayweather, on the other hand, had bigger responsibilities. All those ppl he employs gotta get paid, son. The gravitational pull that will eventually lead to this fight was precipitated by corporate inertia. Book it....done.

Roids
    Will McGregor even get a license? I remember Sylvia vs. Mercer was supposed to be a boxing fight but the commission didnt allow it because Sylvia never had a boxing fight.
    Deutschland über alles !!!- Le Peste le Beste

Roids
    Marciano was the only heavyweight champion to retire undefeated/no draws and stay retired. Jim Barry was the World Bantamweight Champion at 59-0-9-2.
    i know in the lower weight divisions there's more than a few that were undefeated, but why do people like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless constantly talk about Marciano's record when they talk about Floyd?

Roids
    i said from the beginning the only way this isn't happening is if Floyd or Dana doesn't want it to, because they're the only ones taking the risk. i figured Conor would sign up immediately because this is his biggest payday he could ever have.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by flibb View Post
    Will McGregor even get a license? I remember Sylvia vs. Mercer was supposed to be a boxing fight but the commission didnt allow it because Sylvia never had a boxing fight.
    McGregor applied for and was granted a license by the CSAC.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muninger View Post
    McGregor applied for and was granted a license by the CSAC.
    Also, Mercer-Silvia wasn't allowed to be a boxing match because John McCarthy didn't have a boxing referee's license.

Roids
    Conor getting the Cali license doesn't mean a whole lot. He did that in the beginning of these talks, right after the Alvarez fight. The fight would likely take place in Nevada.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muninger View Post
    If this fight happens, it's still not breaking May/Pac's ppv record. It did like 4.8 while the biggest UFC PPV ever didn't even touch half of that. Most boxing fans (as well as MMA fans) are groaning about this. It'll be Conor fanboys and some casuals that pay 89 bucks for this side show. The rest of the world can already see the outcome
    well, there's also the whole "fight of the century" thing and Pacquiao being a legitimate threat to Floyd. this Conor fight though, this just seems very cheap.

i'll tune in for sure, but it's not like something i'd anticipate watching like Mayweather/Pacquiao was back in the days. it just feels like a huge cash grab and right now everyone is scrambling to try to find the hook to get the millions of casuals into watching it. because even casuals can understand that you can't just walk into boxing and fight a boxer, let alone the greatest of this generation. it's like common fuckin sense.

that's the only part i don't know how they'll work it. how are they going to make it seem like this has the possibility of actually being a fight and not just a heavy bag workout for Floyd?

Roids
    well, there's also the whole "fight of the century" thing and Pacquiao being a legitimate threat to Floyd. this Conor fight though, this just seems very cheap.

i'll tune in for sure, but it's not like something i'd anticipate watching like Mayweather/Pacquiao was back in the days. it just feels like a huge cash grab and right now everyone is scrambling to try to find the hook to get the millions of casuals into watching it. because even casuals can understand that you can't just walk into boxing and fight a boxer, let alone the greatest of this generation. it's like common fuckin sense.

that's the only part i don't know how they'll work it. how are they going to make it seem like this has the possibility of actually being a fight and not just a heavy bag workout for Floyd?
    Yup. And imagine how many more buys that Manny and Floyd could've gotten if they'd fought three years before they finally did, before Pac had been beaten by Bradley and JMM. This PPV will do a million for sure because a lot of people will buy a Floyd ppv every time no matter who he fights. We're probably a little more excited than the rest of the world because MMA isn't nearly as big a deal anywhere else as it is here.