Thread: CSAC new rules effective for 214

Roids

CSAC new rules effective for 214

• Fighters will be weighed before they enter the cage on fight day. If a fighter has gained more than 10% body weight since the early weigh-ins the day before then they may be recommended to move up a weight class.
    • If you've missed weight more than once then the commission can bar you from competing at that weight class in events they sanction.
    • Dehydration tests during both the weigh-ins and fight day weight checks.
    • Recommended 30-day and 10-day out weight checks for high level / title fights to provide safe benchmarks and to track fighter's weight progress (similar to boxing?).
    • Stricter fines for missing weight - 20% of your purse/bonuses to the commission and 20% of both to your opponent (so -40% instead of the -20% as it is now iirc).
    Deutschland über alles !!!- Le Peste le Beste

Administrator i had sex with your mum's Avatar
    Roids
    i hope no one is stupid enough to double cut, in order to stay in the division
    'Shut your faggot mouth boy. You have no clue as to who the fuck you are addressing.'

Roids
    i wonder how Bigfoot would pass these tests.

he always looked like shit in UFC because of their weight limit.

Roids
    Of course fighters are going to be cutting weight twice. What are they going to tell Cyborg when her clit alone weighs more than 159.5 pounds? That she's too big for the biggest women's division they have?

Quote Originally Posted by flibb View Post
    • Fighters will be weighed before they enter the cage on fight day. If a fighter has gained more than 10% body weight since the early weigh-ins the day before then they may be recommended to move up a weight class.
    • If you've missed weight more than once then the commission can bar you from competing at that weight class in events they sanction.
    • Dehydration tests during both the weigh-ins and fight day weight checks.
    • Recommended 30-day and 10-day out weight checks for high level / title fights to provide safe benchmarks and to track fighter's weight progress (similar to boxing?).
    • Stricter fines for missing weight - 20% of your purse/bonuses to the commission and 20% of both to your opponent (so -40% instead of the -20% as it is now iirc).
    I like that first one but it needs to be a lower %, a 185 pounder can still gain 18 pounds, that's still fighting a completely different person. Was just listening to Eddie Bravo talk about how the Brazilians enacted this to fuck over the American wrestlers that were starting to win BJJ tourneys down in Brazil. I'm all for this, no one needs to be fighting someone who is magically 20 lbs heavier and if they're both 20 lbs heavier so it evens it out, they need to fuck back off to the weight class they should be in but are ducking to begin with.

Recommending they go up though? Does going up by 10% in body weight count as missing weight and thus they get the fine or do they just get a stern talking to or does the second point mean they can bar the fighter?