Roids

Rasslin' Gone Wrong: Sexy Star

Skip to 10:00 to see the finish:

-Inventor of the penis enlargement pill

Roids
    What a bitch
    -A Message From The Clergy

Roids
    i didn't even know anything was wrong until i read the comments. there's also a stiff punch that sexy baby or whatever the fuck is her name does at 1:45 and she gets a BRUTAL receipt at 2:06

Roids
    Anyone watching TNA these days? Well, it's not even TNA anymore. It's GFW. But that bitch, and Johnny Nitro (Mundo) and a ton of other AAA and other guys are there. They're really scraping the barrel. The shows have been god awful. Only redeeming qualities are probably Eli Drake, EC3, Low Key and Jim Cornett.

Roids
    i heard Cornette talk about some dumb fuck who has a gimmick where his cock body slams other wrestlers and apparently Mick Foley got "cock slammed" by this guy. i couldn't bring myself to watch a show that had something like that on it.

Roids
    Low Ki is gone from GWF (again). They wanted him to be in the X-Division, and he wasn't into that.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by T IV View Post
    i heard Cornette talk about some dumb fuck who has a gimmick where his cock body slams other wrestlers and apparently Mick Foley got "cock slammed" by this guy. i couldn't bring myself to watch a show that had something like that on it.
    Joey Ryan. I saw him at PWG Ten, when he started working with Candice La Rae. Check out Ryan/LaRae vs. the Young Bucks at PWG Eleven. Pretty much the best hardcore match I've ever seen.

Roids
    Joey Ryan is fucking awesome. The cock body slam thing only happened once in Japan. It was a spoof spot that caught fire and became viral. That's why it's still mentioned. Also, isn't Joey Ryan married to Candice La Rae?

Roids
    No, Candice LaRae is married to Johnny Gargano. Joey Ryan's married to Laura James.

Administrator i had sex with your mum's Avatar
    Roids
    homophobe
    'Shut your faggot mouth boy. You have no clue as to who the fuck you are addressing.'

Roids
    That's right. He was in an angle against her. Had a match against her, then proposed to her.

Roids
    Joey Ryan did spend a year or two with TNA, back when Hogan and Biscoff were running it. He wrestles for Lucha Underground, but he doesn't do the dick flip there.

Roids
    He'll end up in WWE. They've got anyone who's done anything going to NXT. They just got Fish, O'Reiley, and Adam Cole

Roids
    Joey Ryan's talked about not putting the penis slam and the World's Cutest Tag Team on TV. He might go to NXT, but guys like Ricochet and him are probably making more money than anyone in NXT.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Fists of Palm View Post
    guys like Ricochet and him are probably making more money than anyone in NXT.
    I highly, highly doubt that. You think he's making more than Bobby Roode was making in NXT? Or Shinsuke? Or Finn or Owens or Zaine? I think Fish O Reiley, Cole, Black, McIntyre are all about to be, if not are already making much more than Joey Ryan's making with Lucha Underground who's on god knows what channel that airs who the fuck knows when.

Roids
    Well it's possible I guess. It's been said on more than one occasion that a lot of the guys at NXT make dog shit, and it's to keep them in check. But Balor said that he made more money in his NXT tenure than he'd ever made in his wrestling career before.

Roids
    Nakamura didn't make much in NXT, but he started making seven figures when he got called up. WWE contracts are set up so that they don't get paid when they're in the farm leagues. Ryan and Ricochet have contracts with two promotions each and often make thousands a night on the independents.

Roids
    I didn't take that into consideration. I forgot that they can wrestle whereever and for whomever they chose as long as they make their scheduled shots. They probably make more on the indies than they do in AAA or LU

Roids
    Nakamura didn't make much in NXT, but he started making seven figures when he got called up. WWE contracts are set up so that they don't get paid when they're in the farm leagues. Ryan and Ricochet have contracts with two promotions each and often make thousands a night on the independents.
    The NXT guys still make profits off of their likeliness. They get paid for their merch.

Roids
    Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks make more money off merch than 90% of the main roster.

Roids
    I don't doubt it. Cody Rhodes has been on fucking fire since leaving WWE. I guess it's just one more slap in the face to Virgil keeping up the Stardust shit. Every bullshit gimmick that they put on Cody worked because Cody's great. His debut match with J Lethal in ROH was one of the if not THE most brilliant swerves I've ever seen. Dude got more heat with one low blow than anyone in recent memory. Then fucking with the ring announcers, fucking up the set, and coming out later on to slap around the announcers. I loved it.

Roids
    Hell, the Dashing Cody Rhodes shit with the protective mask was the hottest angle on Smackdown since the Straight Edged Society. And they put the kabosh on it because Cody was never destined to get over in WWE. They don't want anyone named Runnels to.

Roids
    Yeah. Cody Rhodes and the Young Buck have a deal with Hot Topic to sell their tee shirts. The top selling tee shirts nationwide at Hot Topic are:

1. Rick and Morty
    2. The Young Bucks/Bullet Club
    3. Cody Rhodes/Bullet Club

Roids
    That makes sense. I didn't know that Hot Topic sells their clothes because I don't go clothes shopping. I just have a couple of pairs of jeans and buy packages of white t shirts. But I see Bullet Club shirts in my city pretty often and always think that there's no way there are that many dedicated fans getting online and buying those shirts.

Roids
    Don't see why WWE doesn't just bite the pillow, let Bullet Club come over with the Bullet Club name, and start the hottest angle since NWO. You've got Styles, Luke and Carl, Finn Balor all ready to become turncoats. As well as Adam Cole. I'd LOVE to see Marty the Villain, the Bucks and Rhodes come over. Doubt Kenny Omega ever shows though

Roids
    Adam Cole got kicked out of the Bullet Club. I like where they're going with the reDRagon/Future Shock stable in NXT.

Roids
    Adam Cole got kicked out of the Bullet Club. I like where they're going with the reDRagon/Future Shock stable in NXT.
    I remember. I thought it was brilliant how they did it and picked up Marty. But they did it because he was coming to WWE. Also a big fan of Fish, O'Reiley and Cole in NXT. Would love to see that faction get over. I've been a HUGE Bobby Fish fan for a long time. I've even watched his MMA fight

Roids
    I've seen Cole and O'Reiley at a couple of PWG cards. I've been big on both of them but especially Cole since their "hybrid rules" match in ROH.

Roids
    I was more excited to see Fish and O'Reiley attack Sanity at NXT than I can remember being over anything in wrestling for a long time. And right after that they joined up with Adam Cole after the main event. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY they put the wheels under this angle, don't give them one big spot, call it a push, and then bury them like they do with a lot of the talent.

Roids
    I haven't been watching enough wrestling. I skipped Summer Slam.

Roids
    Dude did you watch RAW? Go watch the segment between Cena and Reigns. Fucking excellent. They shot from the hip and it was excellent

Roids
    I'm serious, take four or five minutes and go watch the contract signing between Roman and Cena. They weren't cutting promos, they were talking from the heart.

Roids
    I'll check it out.

Roids
    Let me know what you think

Roids
    I'm watching it right now. A tag match ended up coming out of it, and Michael Cole said what I said to you about them shooting from the hip after I'd already posted it. Don't want you thinking I'm just repeating what Cole said, it was a really intense segment.

Roids
    Bullet Club is the shits with my man The Underboss Bad News Fale

Roids
    Bad Luck Fale is very good for his size.

Roids
    Just watched a match between the Young Bucks and Motor City Machine Guns from last week's Ring of Honor television. Fucking fantastic match. A real classic. Then of course Chris Daniels and Kazarian interrupted.

I just don't get the appeal of Christopher Daniels. I mean he can wrestle and have decent matches. That's it. He's nothing special. I've never understood it. Good wrestler, not great. Not great mic work. The dude has given himself shitty gimmick after shitty gimmick. Nothing original. I really think the guy is a waste of space and tv time.

Roids
    He's 47, and he works better than a lot of men in Ring of Honor. That's saying something.

Roids
    I mean there's no denying that he can work. But there's nothing special about his ring work. I've watched him for probably fifteen years, and I personally never thought he was anything other than a mediocre hand.

Roids
    I think he's a little bit better than that. I loved that stupid angle he and Frankie Kazarian did in TNA with A.J. Styles where A.J. Styles was drugged and cheated on his wife.

Roids
    i remember there was huge hype on Daniels back in the day. but when i looked at him, i couldn't be sold that someone like him would be able to get over on someone like Brock.

Roids
    Remember the "Higher Power" angle that ended up being Vince McMahon? It was originally booked to be Christopher Daniels.

Roids
    myyyyyy nigggaaaa

Roids
    I tried to watch an entire G1 one year, although I didn't finish it. One of my favorite matches was where Fale wrestled Doc Gallows. They "too sweeted" and proceeded to smash each other with chairs for 15 minutes.

Roids
    Here's the promo Muninger was talking about:

It's pretty good. Roman Reigns almost kept up with John Cena.

Roids
    I didn't think so. I thought Roman barely kept up.

Roids
    Roman Reigns is the only Polynesian wrestler i don't really care for. i don't like how he has Samoan tattoos and shit, and then he wears contacts to make his eyes light color. i also don't like his gimmick. to me, he's one of those guys who has the look, but he doesn't have the IT factor. they should've kept the shield and used it as a platform to build those 3 guys as singles wrestlers like how DX was a launching platform for HHH.

that's the thing i hate about WWE and VInce's thinking. he destroys the tag team scene, and he destroyed the factions scene. those 2 things were 2 of my favorite things about wrestling as a kid because all the Polynesians were mostly tag dudes or muscle for factions. as single wrestlers, Polynesians are almost always journeymen/jobbers to the popular talent.

Roids
    There was a midcard tag team called the Islanders back in the day, Tama and Haku. Bobby Heenan turned them heel and eventually turned Haku into an upper midcard talent. He and Andre won the tag titles from Demolition, and he was King of the Ring after Harley Race got injured.

He wrestled as King Hut in Japan and Meng in WCW. His son is Tama Tonga, and his adopted son is Tanga Loa. They were IWGP Tag Team Champions, and they're in the Bullet Club. They do a version of the magic killer.

Roids
    Speaking of finishers. This is the shit you would do on a video game, just beating the fuck out of a guy before ending it:

For some reason the Young Bucks are hated on, but I always smile watching them. They have a great time out there, and its fun. Isn't that the point?

Roids
    Bullet Club 2.0 vs. Chaos, I love it! I saw the Young Bucks live a couple of times in 2013. They're incredible.

Roids
    Sexy Star is neither sexy nor a star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    lol @ lock and his ridiculous private betting

Roids
    Love watching the Bucks. They do moves that I used to do with my action figures but never actually saw dudes do

Roids
    Roman Reigns is the only Polynesian wrestler i don't really care for. i don't like how he has Samoan tattoos and shit, and then he wears contacts to make his eyes light color. i also don't like his gimmick. to me, he's one of those guys who has the look, but he doesn't have the IT factor. they should've kept the shield and used it as a platform to build those 3 guys as singles wrestlers like how DX was a launching platform for HHH.

that's the thing i hate about WWE and VInce's thinking. he destroys the tag team scene, and he destroyed the factions scene. those 2 things were 2 of my favorite things about wrestling as a kid because all the Polynesians were mostly tag dudes or muscle for factions. as single wrestlers, Polynesians are almost always journeymen/jobbers to the popular talent.
    Dude, you couldn't be more right. Roman doesn't seem to have the "It" factor. He has an incredible look, and he's not even bad in the ring, but the guy can't talk. Just take that promo for instance. Cena shreds him on the mic, and here's Roman

"Drrrrr, yeah? Well you're a punk ass bitch! I beat the Undertaker!"

Then he went on to basically try to repeat what AJ said about Cena burying talent, but he couldn't even do that right.

"Drrrr... You buried all the young talent, but you can't bury me! You're a punk ass bitch! I beat the Undertaker!"

Roids
    They may actually be able to make the strong but silent schtick work for him, but It'll only work for so long, and if they're going to do that, they've got to STILL at least make what he says when he talks sound interesting.

Roids
    I think that they should bring back Jake Roberts and put him with Roman. Turn him heel.

Roids
    i don't really get his gimmick. he's like a monster gimmick without actually being a monster. who else doesn't talk and just seethes in the background?

i also don't think he's like The Rock either, where they just set him up with the wrong gimmick and he needs to just be more natural. i think he's probably just as boring in reality.

Roids
    The WWE has pushed this fucking guy to the moon. They've done more for him than any other wrestler, ever. And he's still not delivering.

Roids
    His matches are getting better, mostly because he's had good hands to work with.

Roids
    Yeah that's probably his only saving grace. The guy can keep up in the ring. But he took the superman punch (Which was an inevitable transition into wrestling) and the spear (the shittiest finisher in the business, also the most used) and he parlayed it into a wrestling career. I mean I'd like to see a shred of originality or passion from the guy. I don't even think he gave a fuck about wrestling growing up despite the fact he was bred into it. He just doesn't seem to give a flying fuck about what he does.

Roids
    yeah, i think that's it. because i thought John Cena was like Roman Reigns when he first came out as generic John Cena, but when he hit that rapper gimmick and started going with it, i could see why he was very popular. he has mass appeal and he has the passion to make the gimmick work.

just like the Undertaker. that gimmick could've been just as shit gimmick as The Shock Master was but because The Undertaker cared about the business he took a great deal of care in crafting his persona and it got over big time.

Roids
    It took Cena just a few months to start finding his footing. Reigns has been around for six years and has been exactly the same that entire time. He's the same now as he was when he debuted.

Roids
    He debuted as a top-card talent, and he's still a top-card talent. John Cena debuted as a mid-card talent, and now he's an all-time-great. Ever since his debut, I've praised Roman Reigns's simplistic wrestling style. In his videos on pro wrestling, Raven always said to get three or four spots over and just use punches for the rest of the match. That's what Reigns has done. Maybe the crowds have moved away from that (or think they have), but he's still effective at what he does.

Roids
    Comparing Reigns to Cena? Gtfo. Cena has been a top draw in the federation longer than hulk hogan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    lol @ lock and his ridiculous private betting

Roids
    Reigns ring work really isn't terrible. It's just everything else.

Roids
    Dean Ambrose needs a heel turn. He was so edgy on the independent scene, but WWE's turned him into a corporate comedy gig.

Roids
    I loved Dean's independent promos. Moxley was edgy, funny, and absolutely one of the best on the mic. We don't see that now.

Roids
    Cena should come to the ring with a golden shovel when he fights Reigns. I'll never say another cross thing about him if he does.

I'm all in on the "Roman just doesnt seem to love wrestling" train. That was was always the knock on Luger too. Here's a guy that looks like a million bucks, and ticks just about every possible box on the "sure thing" check list. But that passion man, thats what separates the Lugers/Reigns of the world from guys like Arn/Daniel Bryan. Just going with those two names as they are relative to the time period. Luger looked awesome, and Arn was a pudge. Reigns looks awesome and DB was a midget. But you tell me who loved the business more, who was more over and got more out of themselves.

All that said, I really enjoyed the Cena/Reigns faceoff. Seems a last ditch attempt to get RR over in some possible way. I think they missed the boat a couple of years ago by not putting RR with a mouthpiece. Imagine WWE skipping the failed "Heyman Guy" attempt with Cesaro(who I love by the way, PLEASE let him do his UFO finisher from the Indies) and putting him with RR instead. Maybe it works, maybe not, but it certainly would have been better than having him go it alone.

Skip to 0:40 if you've never seen the UFO, and make sure you're wearing a pair of pants that are loose in the crotch:

Roids
    The Ultimate Warrior hated the business, and he was over like no one else.

Roids
    Well played. His music was better than RR though

What do you see for RR's future? Obviously the WWE needs THE next guy to step up, so JC can move on/fade away. There's a bunch of guys that could have/would have done it, but they've either been around too long (Roode for example, who is fucking ACE) or have something that holds them back - Nakamuras mic work(English), AJs mic work(that accent), etc.

On a little different subject, Rubs, what do you think of Kenny Omega? Cornette, who I love to listen to on his rants absolutely despises him, but I love his work personally.

Roids
    They've invested too much in Roman Reigns to simply let him go. Also, he's the biggest merchandise seller after Cena these days, now that the New Day's act has grown stale.

I used to hate Kenny Omega because he used the hadoken as his finisher. He's improved a lot, and his in-ring skills are top notch. WWE's tried to sign him three or four times in the last few years, but he's turned them down every time. He'll probably stay in New Japan for another year and debut in WWE in 2018.

Roids
    he might've hated the business, but he cared enough to take care of his gimmick. he was still able to cut (incoherent) promos, and took time to put on that elaborate make up and tease his hair. Roman Reigns looks like he went to a Wal-Mart and bought what was on sale in the men's work section and then jumped in a vat of body oil.

even his finisher sucks. people can shit on The Rock's People's Elbow, but at least he sold that shit. his superman punch is just a fuckin superman punch.

Roids
    finally watched the promo. i don't know wtf you're talking about Rubio, Cena DESTROYED Reigns. because not everything Reigns said were facts but the things Cena said were 100% truth bombs.

Roids
    Warrior didn't hate the business. He hate some of the practices and politics. He discussed this in great length in his last DVD. He said that he loved the business but hated some of the rules. He said he hated WCW. But Warrior wasn't in the business long by any stretch of the imagination either, and he got over in a period that was much different than today. He also probably hated the fact that he got fired five or six times for the dumb shit he did like holding up the company ten minutes before his match for half a million, not calling and not showing up to shows he was to headline, failing for steroids, failing for steroids, failing or steroids, then having his name on a list of clients of a steroid distributor that got busted right in the middle of Vince's trial against the federal government for steroids. He then told on himself as well as several other wrestlers including British Bulldog and had perma-heat. So he may not have been in love with it toward the end, but it was his fault. Warrior was a dumb shit. He should've just become a chiropractor like he was in school for.

Roids
    They've invested too much in Roman Reigns to simply let him go. Also, he's the biggest merchandise seller after Cena these days, now that the New Day's act has grown stale..
    Exactly. And I think that they're in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position with Reigns. They can't turn him heel because he's so over with kids and women, but real fans shit on him. Or hell, maybe they don't give a fuck at all as long as he's selling merchandise, ya know? I mean the guy is marketable, he really is, and they just want money. But surely they can't be pleased with the tidal wave of boos that shower him every night.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by tennbjj View Post
    Well played. His music was better than RR though

What do you see for RR's future? Obviously the WWE needs THE next guy to step up, so JC can move on/fade away. There's a bunch of guys that could have/would have done it, but they've either been around too long (Roode for example, who is fucking ACE) or have something that holds them back - Nakamuras mic work(English), AJs mic work(that accent), etc.

On a little different subject, Rubs, what do you think of Kenny Omega? Cornette, who I love to listen to on his rants absolutely despises him, but I love his work personally.
    I think the Shield reunion is inevitable, and soon. It's a cash grab for them (DX immediately comes to mind) it takes Reigns back out of the spotlight, and thus, the line of fire. Ambrose and Rollins are more than enough charisma to give his bland ass a rub. And I absolutely loathe this idea. I loved the Shield, think they may be one of the best factions ever right behind the original NWO 3.

Roids
    finally watched the promo. i don't know wtf you're talking about Rubio, Cena DESTROYED Reigns. because not everything Reigns said were facts but the things Cena said were 100% truth bombs.
    Oh, come on now. You know wrestling is scripted, and that promo was scripted by someone else and approved by Vince McMahon. Cena had input, but he basically memorized someone else's words, as did Reigns.

Roids
    Oh, come on now. You know wrestling is scripted, and that promo was scripted by someone else and approved by Vince McMahon. Cena had input, but he basically memorized someone else's words, as did Reigns.
    yeah, and i'm saying who ever wrote it up made Reigns look like shit.

the best promos are always when the talent is allowed to just go off the cuff.

Roids
    yeah, and i'm saying who ever wrote it up made Reigns look like shit.

the best promos are always when the talent is allowed to just go off the cuff.
    The writing team doesn't write all of everyone's promos. Guys like Cena, Rock, Heyman, etc get suggested bullet points. I highly doubt that either Cena or Roman's promos were written. I DO think that the altercation they had this Monday though probably was fed to them after the outpour from the week before's promos

Roids
    Metzger confirmed that the contract signing was totally scripted.

Roids
    Another guy that comes to mind is Goldberg. Bill could never cut a promo, had next to no ability in the ring, and had no love for the business. Was never into it before his injury that took him out of football. But the guy got so over for a year or two there and then he really cooled off. Eventually fans want to see something other than a guy's one or two signature moves.

Roids
    Metzger confirmed that the contract signing was totally scripted.
    That doesn't mean anything. And again, all of it is "scripted" but not all of the talent goes over a script word for word and says exactly what was written. I think that the contract signing was one of the instances where the two were given a topic to discuss, and went from there. You can see the difference in that promo to the one from this week's RAW.

Roids
    That's contrary to what I've heard.

Roids
    Bleacher Report is saying that the promos were mostly scripted too. If that's the case, that's even better. That means that the writing team is making some of the most compelling angles that we've seen in a long time. I really think that Cena is on RAW to get Reigns over, and if they've got a good storyline written in they may do just that

Roids
    i want WWE to go back to being a little realistic. i remember when they had Stone Cold in the ring, dressed up in hunting gear with a fuckin pistol. and he came out there and kidnapped Vince in the middle of the ring and held the gun to his head and pulled the trigger and it was a fake gun.

before they revealed it was fake, as a kid i was going back and forth like wtf is really going on? even though i knew wrestling was fake, that promo bit really had me.

Roids
    That was good, but the Brian Pillman gun angle was better.

Roids
    the Stone Cold getting ran over angle was a good one too i liked. the only part i wish they had come up with someone besides Rikishi. "i did it foa Da Rock"

Roids
    Were you watching WCW when the Macho Man got run over by the Hummer? It was this huge angle that they totally dropped, and then out of nowhere a year or two later, Billy Kidman turned out to be the driver.

Roids
    i missed a lot of WCW because it was on in the afternoon times in Hawaii. so i was either in school or out doing kid shit. while WWE was on at night. RAW started at like 7 pm, Smackdown was in the evenings also and Sunday Night Heat was on at like 10pm.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muninger View Post
    Another guy that comes to mind is Goldberg. Bill could never cut a promo, had next to no ability in the ring, and had no love for the business. Was never into it before his injury that took him out of football. But the guy got so over for a year or two there and then he really cooled off. Eventually fans want to see something other than a guy's one or two signature moves.
    Goldberg was that HOLY FUCKING SHIT hot guy for a short time that comes along every once in a while. I remember guys like that from my youth- Tommy Wildfire Rich comes to mind. I've read the story about the backroom dealing with Jim Barnett, the hotshot NWA win and whatnot. But I can tell you, I was there at a show in the Omni (82 or 83, cant remember, was only 8), and the fucking roof exploded when he came out. Absolute bedlam, then a couple years later he was still an over babyface(and later a BlueBlood LOL), but nothing like he once was.

Roids
    Actually, it was Robert Eaton who was a Blue Blood. Tommy Rich was a member of the York Federation with Woman/Nancy Sullivan/Nancy Benoit. I never saw anything other than WWE and a few California promotions until 1985, by which time Rich was fat. His face turn in Memphis where his mother went on the show and said he was a good boy is legendary.

Roids
    Actually, it was Robert Eaton who was a Blue Blood. Tommy Rich was a member of the York Federation with Woman/Nancy Sullivan/Nancy Benoit. I never saw anything other than WWE and a few California promotions until 1985, by which time Rich was fat. His face turn in Memphis where his mother went on the show and said he was a good boy is legendary.
    Should have said "BlueBlood'ish" . I *THINK* the York foundation was Terri Runnels though, but Im too lazy to Google it.

I'm basically the opposite of you, young viewing wise. Growing up in Tennessee, I got to see all the 'rasslin. Looking back, I realize how lucky I was. My grandfather took me over to Greensboro a couple of times, a few trips down to the Omni, and regularly went to Johnson City and Knoxville shows.

Roids
    You're right, I think it was Terri Runnels. Not a very memorable faction, though. Hardly the Varsity Club.

Roids
    Fun side note, I found the actual card of the matches when I saw Tommy Rich:

8/15/82 Atlanta, GA @ Omni
    Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy beat Ole Anderson & Stan Hansen in a cage match
    Andre The Giant won a battle royal
    Tommy Rich double countout with Don Muraco
    Junkyard Dog beat Masked Superstar by DQ
    The Wild Samoans beat Tito Santana & Andre The Giant
    Paul Orndorff beat Super Destroyer
    Kamala beat Tom Prichard
    Iron Sheik beat Johnny Rich
    Buzz Sawyer beat Terry Gibbs

I'm guessing my grand dad took us specifically to see Andre. I remember Andre, Tommy Rich and the Cage Match(simply because of the novelty to me).

Roids
    I became a huge Stan Hansen fan in the early 1990s, when he was AWJP Triple Crown Champion. He was well into his 40s but wrestling as physical as Misawa, Kawada, Dr. Death, and Terry Gordy. I went to two cards in the 1980s, one featuring Andre the Giant in his "Giant Machine" era, right after Wrestlemania II, and the other a few months later, when Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper teamed up against Bob Orton, Jr. and Don Muraco, both in the San Diego Sports Arena, where the Clippers played. Good times.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by tennbjj View Post
    Should have said "BlueBlood'ish" . I *THINK* the York foundation was Terri Runnels though, but Im too lazy to Google it.

I'm basically the opposite of you, young viewing wise. Growing up in Tennessee, I got to see all the 'rasslin. Looking back, I realize how lucky I was. My grandfather took me over to Greensboro a couple of times, a few trips down to the Omni, and regularly went to Johnson City and Knoxville shows.
    Tommy Rich was SO over at one point. I remember the crowd reaction in that area for him coming to the ring being unrivaled by anyone except maybe Magnum TA. I remember Rich having some brutal matches with Ole Anderson. I think it was in Memphis when he and Hot Stuff feuded after tagging because Gilbert turned on him. I always liked Austin Idol too.

Roids
    Then I remember when Rich showed up in ECW and I didn't recognize him at all

Roids
    . I went to two cards in the 1980s, one featuring Andre the Giant in his "Giant Machine" era, right after Wrestlemania II,.
    I remember this. Didn't Heenan get Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy in the Family, then had a match at Survivor Series with The Machines, who were all in masks? It was like Big Machine, Huge Machine, and Giant Machine, and they were all bigger than Heenan's stable?

Roids
    This was before Survivor Series. Andre would do a run-in at the end of two big wrestlers in masks (one was Demolition Ax), but he had back problems, so for some cities, Hulk Hogan would do the run-in.

Roids
    The guy who wrestled as Matabza Cuedo in Lucha Underground lost to Yoel Romero in the 2004 Olympics.