Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rasslin' Gone Wrong: Sexy Star

Roids
    that's to be expected, didn't Yoel beat Cael Sanderson twice?

Roids
    Yup.
    -Inventor of the penis enlargement pill

Roids
    Yoel may have the best wrestling pedigree in the UFC. If not it's damn close. I think he edges out DC and Brock. Well, actually no, I guess Henry Cejudo probably takes it
    -A Message From The Clergy

Roids
    Kevin Jackson is up there, as is that guy who fought on UFC 9.

Roids
    I still would've loved to have seen Kurt Angle hop in the cage before he broke his neck forty times.

Roids
    Back around the turn of the century, the big talk was how well wrestlers would do in a real fight. My friend and I were saying that guys with amateur wrestling backgrounds like Angle and Lesnar would do the best, while there were a bunch of idiots who kept saying, "no way would Lesnar beat the Hitman."

Roids
    I remember always talking to my best friend in grade school about how wrestling was a superior martial art to karate. I wrestled and he did karate. I ended up finding UFC very early on in the Severn, Shamrock, Kerr, Coleman, and Frye days, and all were all guys I looked up to and cheered for. My stepdad was pretty cool and liked boxing so he'd order all of the PPVs, PRIDE too. He always thought any striker was superior to a wrestler and wrestlers were usually pretty successful. I still believe, and probably always will believe that wrestling is the supreme and superior martial art

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Fists of Palm View Post
    Back around the turn of the century, the big talk was how well wrestlers would do in a real fight. My friend and I were saying that guys with amateur wrestling backgrounds like Angle and Lesnar would do the best, while there were a bunch of idiots who kept saying, "no way would Lesnar beat the Hitman."
    Imagine how Bob Backland would have done. Or Danny Hodge. Danny Hodge is probably one of the baddest men to have ever lived, period. Dude could break plyers in his hands. He'd squeeze apples and oranges in his hands and pop them. That may sound easy, but try it. It's nearly impossible.

Hodge never allowed a take down against him in NCAA division 1 wrestling. He's the only amateur wrestler to ever be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Then after going 50-0 his senior year at OU (Boomer Sooner!) he decided he'd try boxing. Went undefeated in amateur boxing, then went on to have a successful professional boxing career as well as winning the Chicago Golden Gloves

I think Hodge would have been the most successful crossover athlete from any sport to do MMA. Maybe would've been the GOAT. The only reason he didn't win the gold medal at the olympics is because he went for a switch and the referee ruled it a pinfall because his shoulders touched the mat. It's still talked about in NCAA as the worst call of all time in amateur wrestling. You've got your Sandersons, Gables, Angles, and a lot of people that follow wrestling think that Hodge was better than all of them. His credentials and accomplishments meet and surpass them with the exception of Gable and Angle winning gold in the olympics
    Last edited by Mr. Muninger; 09-10-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Roids
    How do you think Bret Hart would've done? He was won his weight bracket in the Calgary championships and qualified for the Canadian-British Commonwealth games but he didn't compete because he ended up wrestling professionally

Roids
    Danny Hodge is legit a beast. i remember when i was really into grip training, i ran across a video of 80 yr old Danny Hodge crushing an apple with his hand like it was piece of paper.

i've crushed apples before, and i've seen it done before, but by an 80 yr old man who did it with the ease that he did it with, it was impressive to say the least.

i heard JR tell a story about how Danny Hodge, who was like 70 or something broke a set of pliers by squeezing them.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muninger View Post
    How do you think Bret Hart would've done? He was won his weight bracket in the Calgary championships and qualified for the Canadian-British Commonwealth games but he didn't compete because he ended up wrestling professionally
    This is the first I heard of that. From what I've read, he wasn't the best wrestler on his high school team, and his only accomplishment after that was some intramural wrestling tournament at college.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Fists of Palm View Post
    This is the first I heard of that. From what I've read, he wasn't the best wrestler on his high school team, and his only accomplishment after that was some intramural wrestling tournament at college.
    He had some credentials. He actually pinned Bob Eckland, and he also won a junior college title.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by T IV View Post
    Danny Hodge is legit a beast. i remember when i was really into grip training, i ran across a video of 80 yr old Danny Hodge crushing an apple with his hand like it was piece of paper.

i've crushed apples before, and i've seen it done before, but by an 80 yr old man who did it with the ease that he did it with, it was impressive to say the least.

i heard JR tell a story about how Danny Hodge, who was like 70 or something broke a set of pliers by squeezing them.
    The story JR tells on WWE Network is that Hodge was at a hardware store and broke pair after pair of plyers at the owner's behest. Then they called in the local roided up body builder who was an arm wrestling champion, and when Hodge and he shook hands, Hodge squeezed the guy's hand so hard that the man's face turned almost black and purple and he was crying his eyes out

Roids
    He had some credentials. He actually pinned Bob Eckland, and he also won a junior college title.
    Kayfabe or real?

Roids
    Real.

Roids
    Ah, but they were in high school. I'm also not seeing any evidence of him qualifying for the Commonwealth Games.

Roids
    Yeah when I read up on it again last night it said that his coaches urged him to compete for qualification because they were certain he would, but he never ended up doing it because he went pro. This was after he won his junior title. Which was a college title.

Roids
    Yeah when I read up on it again last night it said that his coaches urged him to compete for qualification because they were certain he would, but he never ended up doing it because he went pro. This was after he won his junior title. Which was a college title.
    I'm near positive I read it was Shawn Michaels's fault he didnt win it

Roids
    That's the story I got. It's now a well known fact that Shawn Michaels removed Owen Hart's safety harness at Over the Edge.

Roids
    No Mercy was a pretty good show until the last two matches.

Roids
    Fuck I'm watching it now. Don't tell me that.

Roids
    What'd you think of the show?

Roids
    That it was an incredible let down. I didn't even think that the beginning of the show was very good. The Balor/Bray match was good. The tag title match was too. But other than that, no.

Disappointed because I was really excited for the Brock/Braun match, and more excited for Cena/Reigns than I had been for any wrestling match in awhile. And both matches sucked. I was cool with the outcome of Brock/Braun, I'm glad Brock retained, but with Braun's style and inexperience it just wasn't a good match. The Cena match outcome was just so expected. I really hoped they wouldn't do the obvious, and they did. That was the hottest angle they've had in months, maybe years, and of course they had to dump a bucket of ice water onto it because they're desperately trying to keep shoving Reigns down the peoples' throats. They just won't listen that we don't wanna see this motherfucker steamroll everyone and be the golden boy month after month.

I like Roman in small doses, but I don't wanna see him and constantly know that he's going over. He's like the new Triple H. I don't wanna see him as champ again and it's probably already being set in motion

Roids
    And I'm watching Raw now. They should've gotten a few months from the Cena Reigns program and Roman's already onto the next. About to be propelled into the title again.

Roids
    i'll never understand Vince's dislike for tag teams.

they're some of the most innovative matches that WWE has and had. the Dudley/Edge and Christian/Hardy boyz triple tags were legendary

Roids
    With the exception of last night the tag team division has been developing nicely. They pretty much rebuilt it around the Hardy Boyz. But tonight, for example, they had the tag champs perform in singles matches on different parts of the show and neither are developing a storyline. I don't get why Vince does and doesn't do most of the things he does or allows

Roids
    All of you, watch this. Now. Seriously. I give you SOUTHPAW REGIONAL WRESTLING with the briefly employed in Utica New York News Chet Chetterfield and clinically depressed Lance Cataraman

Roids
    WATCH IT