Javy Ayala 185/100 (2.85) 0 0  
Roy Nelson 100/215 (1.47) 1 200000 WIN!
Paul Daley 195/100 (2.95) 1 50000 WIN!
Lorenz Larkin 100/235 (1.43) 0 0  
Goiti Yamauchi 135/100 (2.35) 0 0  
Adam Piccolotti 100/165 (1.61) 0 0  
Aaron Pico 100/405 F (1.25) 0 0  
Justin Linn 325/100 (4.25) 2 99999  

Thread: Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull, Saturday, September 23, 2017, 6:30pm ET

Roids

Bellator 183: Henderson vs. Pitbull, Saturday, September 23, 2017, 6:30pm ET

Main Card (Spike TV), 9pm ET
    Lightweight: Benson Henderson (-185) vs. Patricky Pitbull (+155)
    Heavyweight: Javy Ayala (+185) vs. Roy Nelson (-215)
    Welterweight: Paul Daley (+195) vs. Lorenz Larkin (-235)
    Lightweight: Goiti Yamauchi (+135) vs. Adam Piccolotti (-165)
    Featherweight: Aaron Pico (-405) vs. Justin Linn (+325)

Preliminary card (Spike.com), 6:30pm
    Women's Flyweight: Brooke Mayo vs. Kaytlin Neil
    Bantamweight: Ricardo Vasquez vs. Justin Tenedora
    Light Heavyweight: Mike Ortega vs. Tony Johnson
    Featherweight: Brandon Laroco vs. Gaston Bolanos
    Women's Flyweight: Corina Herrera vs. Jaymee Nievara
    Welterweight: Alex Lopez vs. F. Trevino
    Lightweight: Luis Jauregui vs. JJ Okanovich
    Flyweight: Anthony Castrejon vs. Daniel Gonzalez
    "My own .50 cal cawk." -Constantine bragging about his half inch dick.

"I was at my peak and had at least 60lbs on her. i started it not wanting to bash her; she tore into me like she wanted me dead. didn't dismantle me entirely, but out-punched me, out-boxed me, surprised me and embarrassed me." -Jimmy β

Administrator i had sex with your mum's Avatar
    Roids
    fascinating A.A.Ron Pico match making. I read his opponent is not a cunt.

benson is on the slide. surely
    'Shut your faggot mouth boy. You have no clue as to who the fuck you are addressing.'

Roids
    I spoke to benson once. he was inside of subway. I asked him what sub he got and he said chicken teriyaki
    'Shut your faggot mouth boy. You have no clue as to who the fuck you are addressing.'

Roids
    Bendo has has a rather uneventful post-UFC career. I think at one time he was easily top 3 in the world but I donno if the other guys progressed while he went stagnant or what.
    -A Message From The Clergy

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by i had sex with your mum View Post
    fascinating A.A.Ron Pico match making.
    Interesting indeed. I bet on him just to bet against Pico. I only found out while watching that Linn is "old school: he has no coach and no trainer partners." I predict Bellator is going to treat Pico like a featherweight Bobby Lashley for a while.

"I was at my peak and had at least 60lbs on her. i started it not wanting to bash her; she tore into me like she wanted me dead. didn't dismantle me entirely, but out-punched me, out-boxed me, surprised me and embarrassed me." -Jimmy β

Roids
    Bendo's face when he gets announced as the loser is hilarious. He always looks like he got robbed.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muninger View Post
    Bendo has has a rather uneventful post-UFC career. I think at one time he was easily top 3 in the world but I donno if the other guys progressed while he went stagnant or what.
    Or people in Bellator are better than we give them credit for.
    Deutschland über alles !!!- Le Peste le Beste

Roids
    Well considering most of them are UFC castaways I'm not sure about that. Also, how many have come from Bellator and won titles recently?

Roids
    Alvarez is the only one.
    Chandler, Koreshkov and the Freire brothers are all obviously very good and could easily fight in the Top of the ufc. They are by far the best on Bellators roster too.

Roids
    Thought Chandler was in the UFC now? And yeah all of those guys are legit. So is Rousimar but I donno if he's still there?

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Interesting indeed. I bet on him just to bet against Pico. I only found out while watching that Linn is "old school: he has no coach and no trainer partners." I predict Bellator is going to treat Pico like a featherweight Bobby Lashley for a while.
    i thought he was a real fighter because his record is decent

Roids
    Thought Chandler was in the UFC now? And yeah all of those guys are legit. So is Rousimar but I donno if he's still there?
    He was in WSOF (now called "PFL"), but got banned for his usual shit. Don't know where he is now.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by i had sex with your mum View Post
    i thought he was a real fighter because his record is decent
    Apparently not.

Roids

Roids
    The KO looked awesome, you just have to keep in mind he's fighting a complete bum. But Pico looks really athletic, I think he has a future for sure. He's really young, so he has plenty of time to patch the holes in his game.

Roids
    What's PSF Stand for and why isn't it WSOF? Also, did Askren really retire?

Roids
    Professional Fighters League. They rebranded it because World Series of Fighting is the dumbest name for a promotion ever conceived.

Askren did retire, he's going to be an executive at One.

Roids
    askren may have pissed away the opportunity to gain the respect of the world by taking on the top guys. but he played the game perfectly to take little damage and fuck off out of the meat grinder nice and early

Roids

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    The KO looked awesome, you just have to keep in mind he's fighting a complete bum. But Pico looks really athletic, I think he has a future for sure. He's really young, so he has plenty of time to patch the holes in his game.
    i don't know about that.

he got fuckin handled at 155lbs and the excuse was "he's too small" and he needed to develop. he comes back, fights a guy who is basically a sherdogger, and was getting touched up by nearly every single punch that bum threw.

the only thing that changed is that he's fighting even shittier competition 10lbs lighter where just like the Jimmy Smith said, "he can walk through the punches"?????

how is that good? that sounds like a recipe for disaster. a random sherdogger has like a 80% connection rate TRAINING HIS FUCKIN SELF, what do you think the average journeyman is going to do with him who actually trains at a semi decent camp?

he's overrated and he wants to engage in striking exchanges too much like a fuckin idiot.

wait until he fights an actual fighter who can throw a decent punch, he's going to kiss the floor.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by T IV View Post
    how is that good? that sounds like a recipe for disaster. a random sherdogger has like a 80% connection rate TRAINING HIS FUCKIN SELF, what do you.
    Dude, he just turned 21. There are plenty of good fighters who started MMA from scratch in their 20's. He has the advantage of starting with a solid wrestling base and athleticism. That's more than most have at that age. It's way to early to know if he'll be great, but I don't see how it's crazy to say that I think he "has a future." Yeah, he beat a bum, but it was a bum who's been fighting since 2009 and had never been KO'd.

Roids
    yeah, starting from scratch in your 20's is not what i'm talking about. Max Holloway was similar, Vitor was the same, Jon Jones etc.,

but what's the difference between them and Aaron Pico? they didn't get embarrassed by some no name fuck on national TV.

you know why that bum was never KO'd? BECAUSE HE WAS FIGHTING OTHER BUMS.

Aaron Pico is ok, but to think he has a future because he knocked a fuckin mutt out is outrageous. we saw his future, and his future is standing in front of people and letting them punch him in the face over and over and over again.

i don't care what people say, if you come to Bellator or UFC, i'm already looking at you and thinking about who you can beat in the top 10-15, because when you reach UFC/Bellator you shouldn't be trying to "start from scratch" you should be pretty damn close to being ready to beat some world class opponents.

if i have to watch 5 years of Aaron Pico fighting scrubs to build his record up like MVP then he's not a prospect with a future, he's a hype train with a fragile facade of an MMA prodigy that would get shattered by the fist tough dude who actually has a sense for fighting.

he couldn't even do rudimentary shit like move his head AWAY FROM THE PUNCHES, OR BLOCK PUNCHES, OR DO ANYTHING BESIDES EAT THEM LIKE M&MS.

plus he trains with AKA, so good luck on improving in a shitshow camp like that where they basically win on wrestling and toughness.

MMA camps spend too much time on teaching striking offense, what they need to do with people like Pico is to teach them some semblance of a defense that way they can practice this shit against powder puffs like this mutt Pico KO'd, instead of going out there and blowing him away, you don't learn shit from beating someone like that the way he did.

Roids
    Or they should teach to Blitz through instead of methodicly picking apart the opponents

Roids
    ^Exactly. You can learn a few feints and be wildly successful if you've got a powerful shot or powerful hands.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by flibb View Post
    Or they should teach to Blitz through instead of methodicly picking apart the opponents
    yes, this is another huge problem in MMA in my opinion. these fighters who live in a delusional world where they think they have the skills to be Anderson Silva. these fuckin idiots don't realize being a striker like Anderson means YOU'RE BORN WITH REACTION TIMES THAT ARE FUCKIN INSNE AND HAVE INCREDIBLE HAND EYE COORDINATION.

guys like Rockhold, who fight a completely fuckin shit style compared to their ACTUAL REAL ABILITIES. nothing about him is good for striking except that he's tall and can kick hard, everything else, his distance control, his ability to react to in coming strikes, his head movement and defense, they're NON EXISTENT. AKA allows him to fight this striker style when really it would be best if he fought more like Cain, using his striking to disguise his entry into a clinch so he can do something he's actually good at, GRAPPLING.

Roids
    ^Exactly. You can learn a few feints and be wildly successful if you've got a powerful shot or powerful hands.
    this is exactly what i'm talking about. nobody teaches proper feinting in MMA. especially for wrestlers like Pico, he can apply so much more pressure while conserving a lot more energy at the same time by just mixing in feints with his punches and takedowns.

i always believed boxing + wrestling = the base to pretty much beat any other style in MMA. of course these guys lose, but it's a wildly successful combination that has worked brilliantly over the years. but it works because essentially, the overhand right is a feint for the double leg, and vice versa. the punches look the same as the takedowns.

now if dumb fucks would realize this and try to use the same concept to the other martial arts, we might actually see some real evolution in the game.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by T IV View Post
    this is exactly what i'm talking about. nobody teaches proper feinting in MMA. especially for wrestlers like Pico, he can apply so much more pressure while conserving a lot more energy at the same time by just mixing in feints with his punches and takedowns.

i always believed boxing + wrestling = the base to pretty much beat any other style in MMA. of course these guys lose, but it's a wildly successful combination that has worked brilliantly over the years. but it works because essentially, the overhand right is a feint for the double leg, and vice versa. the punches look the same as the takedowns.

now if dumb fucks would realize this and try to use the same concept to the other martial arts, we might actually see some real evolution in the game.
    You've got it. I've also said that a dominant wrestling and boxing pedigree makes the best mixed martial artist. Feints are wildly underutilized by guys with strong clinches and takedowns. That's your god damned entry. When you get these wrestlers that can't just bullrush a better striker so they get picked apart and knocked out I always hear the commentators say things like, "Well his striking is just so underpar/there's not a lot you can do with that level of striking" and it drives me insane. If you're fighting a superior striker, you don't have to learn to strike with them, learn some feints to present your openings.

Roids
    Henry Cejudo's last fight was a great example of this. He also improved on his striking, but he started working on some feints and his whole game has improved around his world class wrestling.

Roids
    You've got it. I've also said that a dominant wrestling and boxing pedigree makes the best mixed martial artist. Feints are wildly underutilized by guys with strong clinches and takedowns. That's your god damned entry. When you get these wrestlers that can't just bullrush a better striker so they get picked apart and knocked out I always hear the commentators say things like, "Well his striking is just so underpar/there's not a lot you can do with that level of striking" and it drives me insane. If you're fighting a superior striker, you don't have to learn to strike with them, learn some feints to present your openings.
    yeah, i agree. i think a lot of people in general, not just fans, but fighters and coaches, they don't understand how to teach people how to USE the weapons they're given.

it's like they think, once you teach them to throw punches with proper technique we can move on, or if you teach them a double leg and they are excellent at it that they're done. they don't seem to realize the MOST important part of it all, is to know WHEN to use the moves you teach them.

if i have incredible jabbing techniques, but i'm a complete fuckin imbecile i won't ever be able to use my great jabs because i'll be trying to jab from too close, or jabbing at the wrong angle etc.,

THOSE are the things that they need to teach in my opinion. i don't care if the guy has shit technique, but if he knows when to go and when to leave it, that's way more important than looking like an artist painting a masterpiece in the cage.

i can tell this happens in AKA because Rockhold and Cormier are prime examples. they're great fighters, but i think they're like Ronda, they'd have been probably just as good if not better at some other camp.

Rockhold is like a 10 year fighting veteran who has been champion in other orgs and has been a top fighters for years. this idiot STILL does not understand how to use being a southpaw to his advantage. the more i watched him fight, the more i realized, he only stands southpaw because he's most likely a right handed fighter and that's why he spams right hooks all the time.

AKA hasn't taught him how to do rudimentary shit as a southpaw like outangling the right hander and shit. he, in fact, does the EXACT things you're NOT supposed to do as a southpaw. it's really fuckin insane to me that this guy is a 10 year vet and nobody has sat him down and was like, "Dude, be a grappler. you're a monster. i'm try to prolong your career and salvage some of those brain cells you have left"

and then of course you have DC calling his own weakness out in public in front of Jones months before and say how he'll have shored up his left high kick defense. and then what do you know? Rumble left high kicks him in the face, and in the very next match up he gets KO'd by a left high kick from Jones.

Roids
    AKA does a few things really well, but ignore more, and have some terrible training strategies. Their notoriety for physically harming their fighters more than those fighters' opponents is well documented. Feints, jabs, hooks, etc are all things that can be trained until you're efficient or even great, but a lot of the greatest strikers have fast twitch muscle reactions that you can never physically teach yourself. So the key is to be more well rounded, have more tools.