Thread: Trump/Pence is Big Government

Roids

Trump/Pence is Big Government

So, Mike Pence and his wife flew across America in a private jet to not watch a football game? This is more waste of taxpayer dollars.
    -Inventor of the penis enlargement pill

Roids
    No shit. This was a main critique of Trump by establishment Republicans during the primary: he's not small government. He doesn't claim to be small government, he's a populist/economic nationalist. In case you haven't noticed, since the Trump/Sanders movements there's been an ongoing political realignment of both parties.

Thanks for your two-year old piping hot take.
    "My own .50 cal cawk." -Constantine bragging about his half inch dick.

"I was at my peak and had at least 60lbs on her. i started it not wanting to bash her; she tore into me like she wanted me dead. didn't dismantle me entirely, but out-punched me, out-boxed me, surprised me and embarrassed me." -Jimmy β

Roids
    I simply didn't think he'd blatantly waste taxpayers' money the way he has. Sad.

Roids
    Travel expense "scandals" are low-hanging fruit for slow news cycles. Happens every administration and nobody cares.

"I was at my peak and had at least 60lbs on her. i started it not wanting to bash her; she tore into me like she wanted me dead. didn't dismantle me entirely, but out-punched me, out-boxed me, surprised me and embarrassed me." -Jimmy β

Roids
    Ah, blaming the media. How totalitarian of you.

Roids
    Obama's relatively less vacation time and expense was a nice respite from the WBush and Trump presidencies.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Fists of Palm View Post
    Ah, blaming the media. How totalitarian of you.
    Yeah, I'm part of that fringe minority who doesn't buy the media narrative that it's Collin Kaepernick's civil right to be signed as a starting quarterback for an NFL team. The media is fake news.

Roids
    No one's saying it's his right to be a starting quarterback, but there's evidence that he's been blackballed for the way he's protested police violence, and it's somewhat hypocritical for the same owners to take a knee while refusing to even sign him as a backup QB.

Roids
    Obama's relatively less vacation time and expense was a nice respite from the WBush and Trump presidencies.
    I doubt that Obama's vacation expenses were less than GWB. Bush used to fly to his ranch and just stay there for two months.

Now, watch this drive.

Roids
    Isn't Trump's vacation tab already approaching Obama's over EIGHT YEARS?

Roids
    A C32 (AF2) costs $42,936/hour. Pence flew 2.5 hours from Vegas to Indianapolis and then flew back to LA. That's something like $250,000 just to tell the base that black people are the bad guy.

Roids
    Rubes, I think you're becoming just a little unhinged. Relax.

Roids
    What did that whole stunt help?

Roids
    I don't understand what you're talking about

Roids
    Oh, Pence spent around $250,000 to go to an NFL game for 2 minutes.

Roids
    Oh, Pence spent around $250,000 to go to an NFL game for 2 minutes.
    Oh ok. Maybe he accidentally showed up at the wrong game a didn't realize it until two minutes in.

Who knows.

Roids
    No, he told the media that he'd be leaving right after he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by the enemy View Post
    Oh ok. Maybe he accidentally showed up at the wrong game a didn't realize it until two minutes in.

Who knows.
    Virtue signaling

Roids
    Rubio, you're my people. And me liking you is why I'm saying you seem overly stressed lately.
    -A Message From The Clergy

Roids
    Sleep cycle fucked up.

Roids
    Why? What's going on?
    -A Message From The Clergy

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by the enemy View Post
    I don't understand what you're talking about
    The story of your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    lol @ lock and his ridiculous private betting

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Muninger View Post
    Why? What's going on?
    I work midnight to 3:00 AM most nights, and I took Monday through Wednesday off this week just for the fuck of it.

Roids

Roids
    Love that one.

Roids
    Now the the NFL is done, let's see what's happening in college football...

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I doubt that Obama's vacation expenses were less than GWB. Bush used to fly to his ranch and just stay there for two months.

Now, watch this drive.

yeah, but W got us into our longest and most expensive war AND wrecked our economy. #stillbetterthantrump

Administrator i had sex with your mum's Avatar
    Roids

lol he's a feisty young lad. one who is unlikely to prosper in the officious culture of normality.
    'Shut your faggot mouth boy. You have no clue as to who the fuck you are addressing.'

Roids

Looks like you...expect black cawks would be hitting you in the grill.

Roids
    No one's saying it's his right to be a starting quarterback, but there's evidence that he's been blackballed for the way he's protested police violence, and it's somewhat hypocritical for the same owners to take a knee while refusing to even sign him as a backup QB.
    His problem is that he's a system quarterback that is a poor fit for a lot of team, limiting those options that would make him a viable backup. That, coupled with his shitty play over the last few years AND his drama makes him entirely undesirable as a backup quarterback.
    I balanced all, brought all to mind,
    The years to come seemed waste of breath,
    A waste of breath the years behind
    In balance with this life, this death

Roids
    I'm not really an NFL guy, but while he's been on a shitty team, his stats really don't reflect your claim of his "shitty play" over the past few years.

Roids
    I'm not really an NFL guy, but while he's been on a shitty team, his stats really don't reflect your claim of his "shitty play" over the past few years.
    Watch the games, then. He's a one read possession guy with plus athleticism. He could back up a similar quarterback, but right about now he's in the same boat as RGIII, another fantastic athlete who isn't that great of a quarterback, despite tremendous early success in their career.

In the NFL, teams get tape on players, and once they get tape, they learn to take away strengths. The best quarterbacks can do it all, and can take what the defense gives them. Read option guys can sling it to their first read if open, if not, they hand it off or run with it. It was very successful when initially coming in from college, but pro teams figured it out.

I think Kaep might back up Rus Wilson up in Seattle, but...dunno. Wilson seems to read the field a lot better.

Teams like Cleveland might consider him, but they're not going to win any games they wouldn't without him, and they'd have to change their entire offense to fit him, which didn't work with RGIII.

He's just an odd duck who has made himself unappealing due to drama. If he was still seen as a probowl level guy, he'd still be starting for the Niners, or some other team would have signed him immediately. When you get down to it, teams only care about winning and the money that comes with it.

Roids
    Nah, it's probably racism and most likey the NRA too.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    His problem is that he's a system quarterback that is a poor fit for a lot of team, limiting those options that would make him a viable backup. That, coupled with his shitty play over the last few years AND his drama makes him entirely undesirable as a backup quarterback.
    Lol...you talking about football is like me talking about guns. He's clearly one of the top 32 qb's...arguably landing in the upper half. That system shit doesn't fly because every coach with the exception of Andy Reid and Belicheck are risk adverse....hence, the great deal of mediocrity/parity in the league. He could start for the Dolphins, Texans, Browns, Colts, Bills, Jets...am I missing anyone? Bears? Packers (same situation as Colts)? It may not be collusion but it's definitely blackballing.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Watch the games, then. He's a one read possession guy with plus athleticism. He could back up a similar quarterback, but right about now he's in the same boat as RGIII, another fantastic athlete who isn't that great of a quarterback, despite tremendous early success in their career.

In the NFL, teams get tape on players, and once they get tape, they learn to take away strengths. The best quarterbacks can do it all, and can take what the defense gives them. Read option guys can sling it to their first read if open, if not, they hand it off or run with it. It was very successful when initially coming in from college, but pro teams figured it out.

I think Kaep might back up Rus Wilson up in Seattle, but...dunno. Wilson seems to read the field a lot better.

Teams like Cleveland might consider him, but they're not going to win any games they wouldn't without him, and they'd have to change their entire offense to fit him, which didn't work with RGIII.

He's just an odd duck who has made himself unappealing due to drama. If he was still seen as a probowl level guy, he'd still be starting for the Niners, or some other team would have signed him immediately. When you get down to it, teams only care about winning and the money that comes with it.

Roids
    Quote Originally Posted by Feng Shui View Post
    Lol...you talking about football is like me talking about guns. He's clearly one of the top 32 qb's...arguably landing in the upper half. That system shit doesn't fly because every coach with the exception of Andy Reid and Belicheck are risk adverse....hence, the great deal of mediocrity/parity in the league. He could start for the Dolphins, Texans, Browns, Colts, Bills, Jets...am I missing anyone? Bears? Packers (same situation as Colts)? It may not be collusion but it's definitely blackballing.
    You're fucking crazy.

Cousins, Mariotta, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Wentz, Carr, Brees, Brady, Goff, Rivers, Smith, Stafford, Prescott, Newton, Ryan, Luck, A-Aron. Those guys are so far ahead of the Kaep of the past few seasons that it's not even close. He's not arguably in the upper half. He's just not.

He's a mid-level backup based on his performance since Harbaugh left.

You mentioned a series of teams, and I don't see Kaep bringing any of those teams wins that they're not going to be getting right now. Would he make enough difference on those squads to get them to run for the playoffs? Doubtful. Texans already have their quarterback, as do the Colts, Bears, and Packers. Hell, the cheesefaggots have their backup locked up, too. The rest of those teams are shit shows that need and answer in the draft, because Kaep isn't doing to do anything there that he didn't do in the last few seasons as a quarterback with the Niners.

Other than health, is he any better on the field than RGIII anymore?

Roids
    Kaep may be better than some of the backups in the league right now, but their all less of a pain in the ass to sign and less limiting schematically.

Roids
    Taylor's benching is more confusing to me than Kaep not being signed.

Roids
    Maybe you didn't read that correctly..."one of the 32 best...arguably in the upper half". You just proved my point.

Anywoos...Carr, Rodgers and Luck are done for the season. The only reason they are being pushed to return is they don't have a decent backup. So, that leaves you with 14.

Roids
    Maybe you didn't read that correctly..."one of the 32 best...arguably in the upper half". You just proved my point.

Anywoos...Carr, Rodgers and Luck are done for the season. The only reason they are being pushed to return is they don't have a decent backup. So, that leaves you with 14.
    I'm assuming that you're talking about current starters due to injury then.

I'd rather have Keenum, Bortles, Eli, and Dalton than Kaep, and you could make a case for some of the others. Flacco, too. Well, I'm not sure about Bortles, but I think the difference isn't much.

The point of this is that he might be an excellent backup somewhere, but that somewhere has to have a similar offense suited to his talents, and a similar starter to replace. Kaep's game is not...common.

Roids
    Bortles and Dalton? You should apply for a job as a NFL GM.

Roids
    Bortles and Dalton? You should apply for a job as a NFL GM.
    Psh, Dalton can at least make progression and coverage reads. He's statistically the better quarterback, and...AND...is over 60% completions for his career, unlike a certain read-option joke.

Even if Kaep is as good as Bortles, and he might be, he's still not a top half starter in the league. He's a decent and situational backup, that brings drama to the team he signs with. Not worth it.

Roids
    Pfft...I could be all-pro with AJ Green as one of my receivers.

Roids

Roids
    I agree with that fully, but as far as third string backups go, Keenum is the shit. Hell, as a primary backup, he's pretty good. There are far worse options out there.

Roids
    Lol...I forgot you're a Vikings fan.

Roids
    Lol...I forgot you're a Vikings fan.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Love ships off the shoulder of lake Minnetonka. I watched a missed Gary Anderson field goal glitter near the Metrodome Gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to choke.